Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years Eve 2011 - Siberian Night

I decided to dust off the beer blog as a remembrance to brother Ned, who provided much encouragement during the year I did it, and going back and reading his comments was bitter sweet, kind of like the dark beers he favored.

So I found a stout that I hadn't tried before, though from a brewer that makes a tasty palie. This has that classic "roasted malt battles dark molasses and destroys Tokyo" taste. Yep, it is heavy, sweet and thrashes around the tastes buds, and yet somehow comfortable like a warm fleece blanket. No, it isn't enough to turn me from my favorite IPAs, but on a cool night and for a change of pace, I would drink it again. Hum, it probably would even make a good black and tan for those that go that route.

On this last day of 2011, I raise a bottle in honor of my little brother, and with fond memories, try and look forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment