Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 365 - Fraoch

So how do you chose the last beer? Well, odds are pretty darn good this won't actually be the last beer I drink, but blogwise, this is it. I had a couple of choices, but it seemed fitting to go with one that claims tha the style has been brewed since 2000bc.

The color of a wheat field ready for harvesting, and a floral aroma (guess cause it steeps in heather for an hour before fermenting...), and no surprise, a kind of slightly sweet, spice-infused taste akin to a wheat beer.

Specs:

Full Name: Fraoch Heather Ale
Brewed by: Williams Bros Brewing Co
From: Scotland
ABV: 5%

Alas, this was not my favorite, but does get credit for it's uniqueness, which at the end of the day, was what this past year was supposed to be about. All in all, I came pretty darn close to my goal of a different beer every day, and not only gained weight, but wisdom as well. Now to lose the former, and while I will need to cut back on the beer a day, will continue my search for the best beer available. I had purchased a six pack of Hazed and Infused for our get together last night, and did end my night on that one. Ah, that is one good beer.

Thanks to everyone that read this, commented on occasion, and generally provided support through the year, and I encourage everyone to take this pilgrimage if they can. It is worth it.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I'll miss reading this. I think you should keep it up, though with a much more relaxed frequency. You will certainly try new ones, and maybe slightly change your mind about others. On another note, a friend dropped off two beers today for me in 'payment' for a turning favor I did for him. Green bottles, imported from European with the word 'premium' on them. I did not have the guts to even try it tonight. Next time we make Chili maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking us through this long strange trip with you!

    ReplyDelete