Friday, September 3, 2010

Day 216 - Oktober fest

You know, it is hard to get into the spirit of Fall, when it is 90+ degrees outside, and maybe I'm pushing it a bit by having this beer a wee early, but then, given it was my only option.......

It has the right golden color, and a taste that does remind me of those days of jumping into leaf piles so carefully raked up. Thus, dry with just a hint of malt for body. All in all, an easy to drink beer, and if at a bar, I would probably order a second.

Specs:

full name: Oktober fest
Brewed By: Brooklyn Brewery
From: ithica NY
ABV: 5.5%


This is at least the 3rd from this brewer, and another decent beer. Not sure if enough to want to move there, but definitely might go out of my way to stop there if in the neighborhood.

The start of a long weekend, what wil I drink tomorrow night... ;>)

2 comments:

  1. Last I heard, Brooklyn Brewery was still in the heart of Brooklyn, not up in Cornell country. Did they move?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you are correct as that is the main brewery, but they brewed this one up in Utica (any -tica's are the same to me...)

    ReplyDelete