Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day 242 - Endo IPA

I've lost almost all concept of time or day of the week the last month or so, and will need to regain that somehow. The one anchor has been this blog, though I must admit there were days it was a struggle to maintain, and I missed a few recently. Still, if nothing else, these times re-enforce why we should pursue our passions.

So, back to my favorite genre tonight. A pale autumnal brown, with only a faint hint of the hops flavor I enjoy so much. It is easy to drink, but misses out on being great, or even very good. I'd still pick it over a number of other beers, but not running out to buy more of it either.

Specs:

Full Name: Endo IPA
Brewed By: Carolina Beer Company
From: Wilkes Barre PA
ABV: 5.9%

Two comments on this one. One, per the label "endo" is a mountain biking term for when you go over the handlebars. IMHO, this one needs more taste to qualify for over the top.... Also, the label says it is b&b'd in Wilkes Barre PA (what is it about WBPA, I mean is it the water or just cheap contract brewers?) when the company itself is based in NC. Not sure why it bothers me when beers are farmed out to be brewed, but it does.

Somehow, I left the fruited beer I had acquired for the pipeline down in brother Ned's refrig. I might "forget" to remind him of that...... ;>)

No comments:

Post a Comment