Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 221 - Nut Brown Ale


A new brewer, and a new state tonight, and I'm not talking about my normal state of confusion...

True to name, which isn't very original, this one pours a deep golden brown, and the taste reminds me of fall leaves and cool mountain streams (sigh, been too long since I went fishing, and no plans on the horizon..). A strong earthy malt overtone, but is saved by a clean finish.

Specs:

Full Name: Nut Brown Ale
Brewed By: Mountaineer Brewing Co
From: Martinsburg WV
ABV: unpublished (guessing in the low-mid 5s)

All in all, a good drink for those times when you are feeling crazy and not in the mood for dominating hops. This one could be very good on tap, on a cool night with a fire in the fireplace. Who knew WVa could come through like this. I'll have to track down a few of their other beers, to see if they duplicate the effort.



No comments:

Post a Comment