Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 230 - Baltika

So almost 17 oz of "premium" beer from Russia...(it's not my fault, it is in small gold print on a reddish-brown label)

The color of Dr Pepper, and the hint of sweetness almost reminds me of that, with a malty undertone. My best observaton is "it could be worse".

Specs:

Full Name: Baltika
Brewed By: Baltika Brewing
From: St Petersburg Russia
ABV: 5.6%


It's friday, and the week ends kind of quietly after a rather turbulent start. The undertow hasn't gone away, but is not as threatening, at least for the now. I really must focus on finding any and all palies that haven't graced this blog yet, mainly because I could use a good beer, and it has been a while since I have found one. While I have no regrets on the less than satisfying beers consumed, and I'm sure there'll be others, it's time to throw variety out the door and usher in a time of pure selfishness. As S.i.L. Anne put it yesterday, even the name sounded unappealing...

A good weekend to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment