Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 241 - The Hairy Eyeball

A tough post tonight, as my mom passed away early this morning. It is a sad thing indeed, but she did not want to be remembered in that way, so it seems better to honor her by continuing the blog, and the beer consumption does help dull the pain a bit...

I had fair expectations of this one, as others by this brewer have been good. The name has a unique character, and it pours a deep red-brown. Alas, its catch phrase "Here's Lookin' Atcha!" rings too close to the truth, as the strong malty sweetness of this definitely makes it better to look at than to drink in my opinion.

Specs:

Full Name: The Hairy Eyeball Ale
Brewed By: Lagunitas Brewing Company
From: Petaluma CA
ABV: 8.83%

Since the blog was already inspired and dedicated to mom, I can only hope that I have the same strength and toughness that she had. Her not being with us is tough, and her love of shopping will be missed by the entire retail industry, but like a great palie, her memory will live on in my thoughts for a long time.

Cheers ma.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that, Bob. In keeping with your comment about remembering her, I'm hoisting one in her honor tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear Bob. And I second Ross' comment I am hoisting one to her this evening as well! God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete