Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 220 - White Hawk

Tonight, I am a hoppy camper... Ok, this is at least the 3rd from this brewer, and the 2nd was just 2 nights ago, but I first grabbed a vanilla-coffee porter, and just didn't feel up to that tonight.

The pour looking like a golden sunset, and the aroma whispering to my nose of a dry, citrus goodness. Darn tasty this one is, though just shy of bouncing my favorite palie from it's position, as it does tug on the tonsils on the way down a bit.

Specs:

Full Name: White Hawk Select IPA
Brewed By: Mendocino Brewing Co
From: Sarasota Springs NY
ABV: 7%

Interestingly, at least to me, that this one must be brewed under contract in NY, since the main brewery is in CA (as previously reported...). Regardless, it is a worthy beer, and hum, Sarasota NY is a lot closer than CA, so maybe, I can make it up there sometime to really get to the bottom of this.Alas, I have already reached that stage with this bottle. So until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment