Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 316 - India Pale Ale

A wet rainy, cold day, and oh yeah, the Redskins played pathetically and lost again. Some might pick that as a good excuse to have a beer, and they would be perfectly right about that, but Ellie, Cullen, Liz and I went out to dinner, and even though Liz was exhausted after working at Free People most of the day (her first on that job) and has a project she is working on, and Cullen was fighting a strange bug, we had a great time. Don't feel too bad for the "kids", as it was their idea.... Now a good time with family is worth celebrating!
Specs:
Full Name: India Pale Ale (a bit boring...)
Brewed By: The St George Brewing Co
From: Hampton VA
ABV: 5.5%
This is another true "pale" ale, as while the color is a nice burnt orange, the taste runs to the dry malty side, and that doesn't make me very hoppy..... It isn't bad, just kind of snooze-city. Ah well, there are more fish yet left in the pond, though my bucket is getting full, and by bucket, I mean I'm on the last notch on my belt. Gonna have to start that old exercise program back up. My regimen of 12 oz curls every night doesn't quite seeem to be doing the trick. Go figure.
cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment