Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 325 - Blueberry

So, the 2nd frubie from the same brewer, and over 100 days later, I'm still haunted by the first, but since I already was in a masochistic mood from yesterday, figure I might as well get the pain over quickly.

So, a blueberry, oatmeal, stout. Truly, there is nothing about any of that description that shouts "I am going to be good". Still, in all fairness, and to be true to my dedication, I am drinking this. A deep brown color (go figure), rather non-descript aroma (thank goodness), and alas, the taste. At least the blueberry is subtle, or at least burried underneath the oatmeal and the stout. Not meaning to be sexist here, but it reminds me of a scene from some movie where girls are wrestling in mud. A lot of arms flailing about, but in the end, they still have mud in their mouths...

Specs:

Full Name: Blueberry
Brewed By: Buffalo Bills Brewery (aka Pyramid Brewing Co)
From: Seattle WA or Portland OR (so you can't find them)
ABV: 7% (ok respectable)

Well, that purges the pipeline of frubies, and if I am lucky, that will be the last for this year. I still might have the spiced seasonal left to do, but down to the last 40 overall.

Just need to make it to the weekend, when I have a few big bottle palies to pull out.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment