Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 307 - Smuttynose Winter Ale

It's friiiiiiiidaaaaaayyyyy. A rather tough week ends with a good day, so what better way to celebrate the start of a weekend than with a beer. Let's get greedy, and say a good beer....

So Smuttynose hasn't let me down yet, and while dark ales are not my favorites, especially when they are of Belgian style, they are comfortable, and this one is like that ratty pair of jeans with the hole in the knee I keep in my closet. Deep cola brown, clean smell and roasted malt taste.

Specs:

Full Name: Smuttynose Winter Ale
Brewed By: Smuttynose Brewing Co
From: Portsmouth NH
ABV: 5.1%

The only beef I have with this is that it does grab my tonsils a bit, but that is true of all this style for some reason. Tastewise, it is very good, and it is refreshing in a way. Try it if you like this style.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment