Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 152 - SOB

Yet another from the Big Bottle-Transplanted-From-Maine genre, purchased for its clever label and name.
This one is the color of imperial topaz, a deep tarnished gold. Actually a palie, it is very strong on the hops, but perhaps a tad on the bitter side, and could use some balance. I had a chocolate chip cookie on the side, and that worked well... ;>) Definitely a summer beer.
Specs:
Full name: SOB - Special Old Bitter
Brewed By: Atlantic Brewing Co
From: Bar Harbor ME
ABV: not listed, but would presume north of 6 or 7%
I may have one more left from my ME trip, but this was the last of the 22 ozers. All in all, the state of Maine does ok on the beer front, and I think a pilgrimage from Boston to Bar Harbor would yield some excellent suds. Perhaps a good addition to my bucket list... ;>)

No comments:

Post a Comment