Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 171 - Patriot Pale

Well, I've mostly gotten over the trauma of missing my beer last night, mainly on the grounds that all I really had left in the pipeline was a Bud in a can, and seriously, wasn't the Bud Light a few weeks back bad enough...So a trip to the beer store to replenish the pipeline, and away we go again.

Alas, the best part of this one was the name and label. It all started when I poured the shot glass to check the color and it foamed 3/4s of the glass. Actually, the color was a decent burnt orange, but underneath the foam is an average bitter tasting beer. To be honest, I looked the bottle over for "Premium", as this one almost rivals those European imports in flavor.

Specs:

Full Name: Patriot Pale Ale
Brewed by: RJ Rockers Brewing Co
From: Spartanburg SC
ABV: 6%

Hum, the website claims a sweet caramel finish, but I'm not getting it. It definitely does linger in your mouth though, but in a sketchy way... The high foaming early on could be an indication of a bad bottle, so maybe that is the issue. Not likely to try another any time soon, though crazier things have happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment