Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 162 - Jockamo

A tough fought World Cup final today, with Spain's defense being the difference (as it was all tournament). Unfortunately, I had to leave to go pick up the van after regulation time, so missed the winning goal. Still, at least I was in the beer store getting new pipeline brews, so it was a worthy cause.


Alas, this one comes up short in my opinion. For a palie, it has a distinct malt hit upfront, and only then ends with the expected dryness. This is the 2nd from this brewer, and I think the first was better. It also could be a bad bottle, but that is the way life is, one shot to get a good blog rating (well, 12 oz to be precise... ;>) )

Full Name: Jockamo IPA
Brewed By: Abita Brewing Co
From: Abita Springs LA
ABV: 6.4%

The good news is, I didn't have to drink the frube, which even an average palie beats easily. Admittedly, it is getting a bit tougher to find new beers, and I was somewhat rushed trying to get back to the car to follow the World Cup.

cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment