Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day 169 - San Miguel Dark

A day trip to Luray VA to go tubing on the Shenandoah, and a lot of casting to catch a handful of sunfish (no bass in evidence, though the water temp was a bathtub 84 so that must have kept them deep).

Somewhat tired, ok, I'm using toothpicks to keep my eyes open, I needed just an easy to drink beer that isn't overly complicated or demanding. This one fits that bill well. Dr Pepper dark, and a nice but not overbearing malt taste, just a simple beer. I would pair it with Mexican food, as it would balance those flavors well.

Specs:

Full Name: San Miguel Dark Lager
Brewed By: San Miguel Corp
From: Manila Phillipines
ABV: 5%


So, if you like dark lagers, or just want a change of pace, go for it. For me, I'm going to sit in front of the TV and fall asleep watching reruns of the Simpsons/Family Guy/South Park (ie whatever Cullen is watching, which is usually one of those...)

No comments:

Post a Comment