Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 172 - Acme

Interesting label, a female Tarzan swinging on a rope carrying a beer. Guess the name alone wasn't going to sell this....

So, another palie, and this one almost reached high levels, but comes up just short. A nice sunset yellow color, and full of hoppiness, but it lacks that hint of underlying sweetness that really makes a great palie. Still, very drinkable, especially when in the mood for something dry and hopped-up.


Specs:

Full Name: Acme IPA
Brewed By: North Coast Brewing Co
From: Fort Bragg, CA
ABV: 6.5%


It's definitely getting more challenging finding beers that 1) I have tried yet and 2) I am inclined to try and 3) are less than $3/bottle. I mean, I really find it hard to spend $4-5/bottle or more if it is a larger size one. That is approaching wine prices, and the $/oz of alcohol favors wine at that point. Still, my commitment is to a different beer every day. Maybe next year I can move to a different mixed drink every day. I still have a long way to go on this journey, and will continue to enjoy the trip... ;>)

1 comment:

  1. We must be shopping in beer joints with the same distributors. I nearly bought one of these at the beach.

    ReplyDelete