Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 166 - Staropramen

It's from Europe, and has the words "Premium Beer" on the label. Hum, that makes it as predictable as the high heat and humidity that blesses us at this time every year...

Classic green bottle (maybe a tad lighter), classic pale yellow color (spot on), and classic bitter no-taste (ditto). Seriously, it is as if the Europeans all got together and decided that Americans are dumb, and shared the same recipe for cheap beer and figured that by labelling alone, they would sell large quantities. I'm thinking they are right as I sit here drinking one....

Specs:

Full Name: Staropramen
Brewed By: Pivoary Strophaven AS
From: Prague Czech Republic
ABV: 5%


As much as I enjoy ragging on these types of beers, notice that I still chose it over the fruited one in the pipeline..... I should have more time to leisurely pick out the next batch this weekend, and am thinking that I may pick a theme for the week like "summer ales" or something. You know, mix it up, be wild and crazy....

No comments:

Post a Comment