Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 164 - 400 Pound Monkey

Starting to get to a point where I have to revist some breweries for other varieties to keep the pipeline filled. Good thing is, this means I get to track down some palies I haven't tried.

This one is just ok, and won't take home a prize in a beerty pageant. It has the hops character, but not quite full enough for my taste. Of course, the bottle is still already empty.... ;>)


Specs:

Full Name: 400 Pound Monkey
Brewed By: Left Hand Brewing Co
From: Longmont CO
ABV: 6.0%

Full credit for a creative label, and perhaps another beer made for the more moderate drinkers when they don't want their frubee. I'd drink this one again, but wouldn't buy it given a choice. Of course, it is possible that some beers should be kept cold at all times, and sitting on a shelf warm for a while impacts the flavor. Not planning a trip to CO just to experiment though...

No comments:

Post a Comment