Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 154 Red Rocket Ale

A return to the Big Bottle Beer, as I found I had one more in the pipeline thanks to Cullen (part of my Fathers Day present).

A second by this brewery, and to be honest, not that different than the first, at least after drinking a bit of it and rereading that blog. It has the same orange-brown color, same hops finish after a malty start. Perhaps there is a difference, but again I feel it is a bit over on the malt side, which makes it somewhat heavy.

Specs:

Full Name: Red Rocket Ale
Brewed By: Bear Republic Brewing Co
From: Cloverdale CA
ABV: 6.8%

Upon reflection, it could be that I am going about this incorrectly, as I could see this as a decent beer when it is cold outside. Perhaps I could try and focus my timing based on the season, and drink lighter ones over the summer and go heavier come next fall/winter. Of course, that would require planning, forethought and my foregoing spontaneous consumption. Yeah right, that's not going to happen... ;>)

Happy 4th weekend. May your bbq's turn out great, and your cooler be filled with good beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment