Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 159 - Casteel Rouge

Tonight adds a count to the ales,
the cherry flavor prevails,
from belgium it comes,
sickly sweet past the gums,
never comes close to the pales....


Specs:

Full Name: Casteel Rouge
Brewed By: Castle Brewery
From: Belgium
ABV: 8%

Must be something about drinking probably the strongest fruited beer to date that brings out the poet in me. Seriously, I again give Cullen kudos for finding beers for my pipeline that I have not had, as well as looking to expand my horizons, but if I didn't see another fruit flavored beer for the rest of my year, I would still be satisified that I gave them a shot. Still, I know there is one more left in the garage, and will not be ignored forever.

I've used this before, but it still applies - the best thing about this beer is that it is only 11.2 oz, not the full 12...

No comments:

Post a Comment