Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 244 - Un-Earthly

A friday night, and sitting here trying to write down some thoughts to share at mom's service tomorrow. Almost 50 years spent raising her, and so proud how she had come so far......

So, stopped at the beer store for one a bit special for this occasion. Keeping to the theme of new beer, I went with a 22 oz one, and the deciding factor between this and another in roughly the same range was 11% vs 6% ABV - no brainer there... :>)

Poured this one into a glass mug, instead of a taste into a shot glass. The color of dark gold marigolds, which were a fav of mom's, and mild hops aroma. Then the explosion in the mouth. I don't know the chemistry, but it seems that higher ABV beers have a higher body as well. This one is as full-bodied as Dolly Parton. My lips tingle after each sip from the bitterness of the hops, which last long after it is swallowed.

Specs:

Full Name: Un-Earthly
Brewed By: Southern Tier Brewing Company
From: Lakewood NY
ABV: 11%

In a perfect world, I would be drinking this one sitting on the deck of a cabin in the woods on a cool night listening to a stream and looking up at the stars. I have to settle for sitting in my desk chair in my living room with the window open listening to my wife and daughter watching TV.... You know, that ain't so bad either.

cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment