Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 268 - Punkin Ale

Day 2 of the seasonals, and I had mixed expectations regarding this one. They brew an excellent palie (2 actually) but then, any beer that lists allspice, cinamon and nutmeg in the ingredients list is plain scary.

The orange-brown color of pumpkin pie, and alas, the taste matches the pie as well. How could it not, with all those spices.

Specs:

Full name: Punkin Ale
Brewed By: Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
From: DE
ABV: 7%

They say the base is a brown ale, but clearly not the indian brown I had sampled way back in March, as that was quite dark and this is lighter. If one really were inclined to stretch, this is kind of a dessert, and thus allowed the flavor. I reckon after the next week, I'll be Gumby with all the stretching I'll be doing...

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment