Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 252 - Late Harvest Autumn Ale

This one was brought to the pipeline via the Red Hook brewery in NH by my dad, who stopped there for lunch earlier today on his way back down from Maine. He flew from Boston to here this afternoon, then is driving down to NC.

So, definitely the color of a clear fall sunset, this one stays pretty mellow, with the malt taking a slight edge of the hops. Nothing wow about it, but easy to drink, so I'm enjoying it after a good thai dinner (ok, I did have a Singha at the restaurant while waiting for the order to be cooked.

specs:

Full Name: Late Harvest Autumn Ale
Brewed By: RedHook Ale Brewery
From: Portsmouth NH
ABV: 5.9%

A beautiful fall day, spent dutifully helping Ellie clean the 3 inches of cat sheddings that have piled up in all the corners of the house over the last month. I'm thinking that my next trip to Maine will require a somewhat extented stop-over in the NH vacinity.

Ok, a couple of random thoughts strung together there, but that is not too abnormal for me...

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment