Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 271 - Never Summer Ale

Day 5 of the seasonals, and ok, this one might be a stretch, but it has two things going for it. It has the word "summer" in the name, and summer is a season, and it is brewed by the Boulder Beer Co, which is fast becoming one of, if not the tops of, my favorite brewers list.



Strong red/orange color, and like the copper ale, a solid malt foundation supports a fine hops flavor. It has been too long since I had the copper ale, but they could be twins. I might be inclined to revist the two for a side-by-side. Yeah, I could suffer that...


Specs:


Full Name: Never Summer Ale
Brewed By: Boulder Beer Company
From: Boulder CO
ABV: 5.94%


Not that this beer needs anything in the background to improve it, but discerning viewers might notice the blonde in the skimpy nurse's costume in the background. Sigh, this is what my daughter Liz is wearing for Halloween. At least it makes a good backdrop...


The Boulder Beer Co is making a strong push to make me want to move there. Perhaps once the kids are out of college and my business actually generates income, I just will. Until then, it is at least easy to live vibeeriously...

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment