Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 259 - Sweetwater IPA

Running a bit late tonight, as we had a very good neighbor/friend and his wife of my dad's over for dinner, and between my dad's stories and his as an ex-secret service guy, we were well entertained... :>)

So, this is as sweet an IPA as I've had. I was really excited to see the burnt orange color in the glass, and could smell the hops way before that first mouthful. My favorite palies have that grapefruity taste, but this one seems to bring a spoonful of sugar on top.

Specs:

Full Name: Sweetwater IPA
Brewed By: Sweetwater Brewing Co
From: Atlanta GA
ABV: Unknown, not on bottle or website.

So, a decent way to finish an evening, after starting with a good brown ale and a drop of Glenmorangie after dinner. Truth be told, perhaps a bit on the girly side to topple any of my top 3, but extremely easy to drink, and no shortage of hops. Perhaps best drunk watching one of those touchy-feely movies (like Ellie got me to watch Brokeback Mountain by telling me it was about fishing...).

Cheers (pinky up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment