Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 263 - Weihenstephaner Festbier

Ah well, the image loader is down tonight, so no pic at the moment. I'll try and remember to come back and add it later. Another attempt at a German beer, from what is said to be the oldest brewery in Germany. Of course, it does have the word Premium on the label, so one guess what I think of it.

The color of pale moonlight, this one has a unique, and ok, quite unpalatable, taste, in that there is an underlying sweetness that leaves my taste buds feel like they are sucking back into my tongue.

Specs:

Full Name: Weihenstephaner Festbier
Brewed By: (and even longer unpronounceable name - see below in Labels)
From: Germany
ABV: 5.8%

I am sure there are many out there that would disagree with my assessment of this beer, but then, they aren't reading this anyway. I also know that some people who actually like this style of beer, and to that I say, drink up, you can have my share as well....

I used to think that Germany was a beer capital of the world, but I'm still waiting for the reason to put it on a must visit list. Does anyone who might actually read this have any recomendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment