Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 249 - Hacker-Pschorr Weisse

It has been a long time since I tempted a wheat beer, and unfortunately, they haven't gotten better in the interim....

So, tiny-bubbled, clear yellow color. Classic, though not overpowering or overspiced, wheat flavor. All in all, drinkable, and probably acceptable to a wheatnik, but there is something just girly about this genre that leaves me cringing with every sip.

Specs:

Full Name: Hacker-Pschorr Weisse
Brewed By: Hacker-Pschorr
From: Munich Germany
ABV: 5.5%


all else being equal, this might be the best of the German beers that I have had, which really only speaks to how low the other ones have been, rather than how good this one is. Still, the alternatives are sitting here drinking this or watching America's Next Top Model with Ellie and Liz, so again, I settle for the lesser evil and type away.....

Picked up some kind of outer limit beers for the pipeline tonight, so will be walking a dark path far from sunshine and palies for the next week. I saw at least 7 different pumpkin ales, so may have to do a week of them at the end of the month. Yep, I'm just that crazy...

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment