Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 359 - Honey Raspberry Ale

Ok, one last attempt to find a decent fruited beer, and as probably could have been predicted, what part of "honey raspberry" didn't I get...

So, this one has a very nice red color, and clean aroma, and honestly, the first sip is the worst for sweetness and after that it becomes drinkable. Would I lie about that...

Specs:

Full name: Honey Raspberry Ale
Brewed By: Spanish Peaks Brewing Co
From: various (Polson MT, Denver CO)
ABV: 5.1%

The real reason of course why this one made it in the blog (besides me being crazy enough to buy it...) is that I didn't get out to the store for my final pipeline trip and this was the only thing I had left. Ah well, now I am down to my last 6 pack, I will find a way to make it all palies, starting with the 90 minute IPA from Dogfish Head, which I have been putting off for too long.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. You are just plain crazy. You know, if you chose this kind of 'pursuit' during the W.o.W. experience, I might have to hurt you. I mean really, it is one thing to try to experience it all, good and bad, it is another to constantly expose yourself to nastiness. Exposing me to it would just be mean and nasty.

    ReplyDelete