Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 355 - Bourbon Barrel Stout

Thursday night, and it has been a long day, and for some crazy reason, I pick up the heavy stout instead of something simplier and lighter. So my already overutilized brain must work for a few minutes longer.
So dark, it is almost like a black hole with no light getting out, a rather pleasant if malty aroma, and then a full frontal assault on the tastebuds. This is a beer that makes you stop and take notice, and one worth forming an opinion of slowly as it's complexity requires patience. I still don't know if I really like it for itself, or just for it's cool name.
Specs:
Full name: Bourbon Barrel Stout
Brewed By: Bluegrass Brewing Co
From: Louisville KY
ABV: unknown
So a 2nd good one from this brewer, but not quite where I'm ready to move to KY. They have some other tasty sounding beers, so will see if I can find another in the next 10 days.
So much beer, so little time....
cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment