Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 344 - Old Stock Ale

Back on the beer-wagon tonight, and went way extreme on the ABV to make up for all those sub-5s from last week. That's the highlight...

So, the color of molasses, and for the most part, the taste as well. This one is very heavy, very sweet and very unlikely to be drunk by me again...

Specs:

Full Name: Old Stock Ale
Brewed By: North Coast Brewing Co
From: Ft Bragg, CA
ABV: 11.7%

So, really struggling to get through this one, as it is just plain too heavy for my palate. The humorist in me would point out that it would be better named if you removed the "t" from Stock, as that is more akin to what it tastes like....

It's really getting hard to find ones I both haven't had and am willing to try, though I am now down to 3 weeks, yikes.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment