Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 361 - Bittersweet Lenny's R.I.P.A.

Given the fact that after shoveling 8 inches of wet snow I can't move, and poor Ellie is stuck in gridlock over in Fairfax trying to get home for the last 6 hours, I really needed a good beer. This one works.

A deep russet brown color, and that tantalizing hoppy aroma gets you ready for the full on flavor this one has. My only critique is that it is a bit much on the malt, though the hops are not to be ignored. I'm thinking that the rye in this imparts an extra sweetness it doesn't really need, but hey, that is just me.

Specs:

full Name: Bittersweet Lenny's RIPA
Bewed By: Smaltz Brewing Co
From: Sarasota Springs NY
ABV: 10%

So if you like your hops, and don't mind a bit of maltiness, this a worthy choice.

Now I have to go do my whisky of the week comments. Another sacrifice...;>)

No comments:

Post a Comment