Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 338 - Stovepipe Porter

Totally changed it up tonight, with a glass of the dark stuff. Given the name gives it away, no need to point out the obvious.
So yes, the color of good dark maple syrup, and that roasted malt smell that loudly announces what will come. Actually, just a very full-flavored beer, as comforting as the old sweatshirt and sweatpants you wear around the house on weekends that your wife hates..... ;>)
Specs:
Full Name: Stovepipe Porter
Brewed By: Otter Creek Brewery
From: Middlebury VT
ABV: 4.4%
Ok, I don't recall this blog being about finding the lowest ABV beers available, but it seems that way lately. Tomorrow, I end it, even if I have to drink that Bud in the fridge. Well, maybe I won't go that far......
Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Porters are wonderful when you're in a more-malty-than-hoppy mood. I cut my eyeteeth on them in McSorley's back room, and I still enjoy them from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, they do make a good change of pace on occasion, especially on cold nights. Might pick up a few more as this winds down.

    ReplyDelete