Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 341 - Smadny Mnich

The 3rd in the Gumby Austrian collection, and a return to my beer blog after two days of being a bowl of pained jello. The pipeline is also getting thin, so will make one of my last trips to the beer store to replenish tomorrow.

Ah right, the beer... So, very pale yellow, like a winter sunrise, fresh aroma, and a subtle step up from your basic lager taste. Drink this one, and you might pause while chugging it in some beer drinking game to notice it, but then by the 2nd or 3rd, your taste buds will just shrug as it passes by.

Specs:

Full Name: Smadny Mnich
Brewed By: Unknown (another written in Austrian label)
From: see above...
ABV: 4.3% ( a logical assumption given that is on the label)

Ok, I don't break the streak of sub 5%'s with this one, but actually, as my first beer back on a tired stomach, probably not a bad choice. Actually, it shows that there is decent beer in Europe, but that they keep it for themselves and ship us their "premium" stuff...

In the end, this is a classic beer that belongs in a can, as a bottle would be too much. It easily surpasses expectations, as long as you don't have any. I try and keep an open mind and mouth, which has led to a very interesting journey.

Hum, last thing, but since I am nearing my last here, I'm open to any recommendations on which should be my last?

cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment