Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 103 Shipyard

So, I'm up in Castine Maine, helping my dad with some work around their house up here (arrived today/leave tomorrow...) and we went to the house of a friend of his and mom's, first for a bourbon, which turned into a great dinner.

While there, I had this beer. While not a palie, it was a very drinkable ale. Nice color with good malt flavor. I'd definitely have this one again, and it actually would go well after a particularly strong palie, as it is soft on the palate. It is just a good comfort beer.

Of course, I neglected to get a pic of the bottle, but that can be found on the website.


Specs:

Full Name: Shipyard Export Ale
Brewed by: Shipyard Brewing Co
From: Portland ME
ABV: unknown, would guess slightly more than 5


A great time all around, listening to my nephew Bill and Mr Scott discuss Chinese history, and seeing some of the very cool stuff Mrs Scott has found at low tide along the "shore" in Castine (the town has been occupied since the 1600's).

No comments:

Post a Comment