Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 96 - Wailua

There have been a few occasions where I drank a beer and it was such an affront to my sense of rightness that I just had to go to another to write the blog. I really should have known this was going to happen, I mean, passion fruit in beer???? And have no doubt, you can taste the passion fruit, which has a very tart/bitter taste, and it does not, repeat, DOES NOT, go well with beer. There was no way I could not put this one in the blog, if only to prevent anyone who reads this from the suffering I am putting my tastebuds through now.

The label says it is a "Limited Release". Seriously, they should have just taken the next step and put air in the bottle and labeled it "No Release".....

Specs:

Full Name: Wailua Wheat Ale Brewed with Passion Fruit
Brewed by: Kona Brewing
From: Portsmouth NH (via main HQ in HI)
ABV: 5.4%


The name should have been Wailuwill, because you will definitely wail if you take a mouthful of this. Ok, there is probably someone, somewhere, who might actually like this, and my mouth must now be numb, as I am almost done and I can't taste anything anymore... ;>)

Needless to say, my favs remain unchallenged!

No comments:

Post a Comment