Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 93 - Double White

So, the description of this one at the store talked of orange and spice, so I was confident that I could rally my righteous feelings of dislike for wheats and be safe. Some may consider it a waste to intentially drink beer that I most likely will not approve of, but where is the sport in not?

I can actually feel my tongue swelling in my mouth in disgust. True to form is the sweet base with spice-flavor better served in a good pumkin pie than in beer......


Specs:

Full Name: Southampton Publik House Double White
Brewed By: Southampton Bottling
From: La Crosse, WI
ABV: 6.8%


I must admit, it will start to get more and more tricky finding different beers from different brewers, though there are plenty left to try as long as I go the route of trying a number from the same brewer. Since I have already set the precedent, I'm ok with it, but will still strive to find new brewers. I managed for this week, and probably could a few more if I up my price range from less than $2.50 to $4 a bottle. I may even go in search of another source, as that too would be an honorable quest.....

No comments:

Post a Comment