Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day 120 - Arrogant Bastard

No pic tonight, as I'm at my brother's house in MA on my way back to ME with my dad to fix some issues at their house for a week. Golly, guess what, my brother had just bought a used 2000 gold Sebring convertible, and gasp he made me ride in it with him to the beer store (without a paper bag to cover my head no less....). The good news is, we picked up a few good ones for the blog, so the pain is somewhat nullified...

You gotta love a beer that has "you're not worthy" on the label, and then has the taste to back it up. As it's in a brown bottle, and I'm too lazy to get up to find a clear glass to see the color, I'm only guessing it is a nice dark gold (and actually, it is, as my dad poured some into a glass). Assumptions aside, it has a full, dominating hops flavor, a pretty cool label, and comes in a 22oz bottle. All good here.

Specs:

Full Name: Arrogant Bastard Ale
Brewed By: Stone Brewing Company
From: San Diego CA
ABV: 7.2%

Great beer. Find one and drink it if you like hoppy ales. They also have an obnoxious website if you want a good laugh.

Cheers

3 comments:

  1. Arrogant Bastard is made by Stone Brewery that is less then ten minutes from my house. The place is awesome. They have free tours with lots of free tasters, a great beer garden with food made from their beer, and growlers (2 liter bottles) that you can get filled for $12 to take home and enjoy. Their double Oaked Arrogant Bastard is even better. Great t-shirts too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a good thingI don't live that close to a good beer place... ;>)

    I'll have to track down one of the oaked versions if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arrogant Bastard is fantastic stuff!

    ReplyDelete