Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day 92 - Foster's Premium Ale

So, we did manage to head into the mountains of southwestern VA yearterday afternoon, and thus left the world of internet connections and cable TV for a day. We had a great time with the whole Proc family, plus Mary's sister Peggy and husband Rich. I even got in a little fishing, not just measured in time, but in length of fish (maybe as long as my pinkie mainly, but hey, it was fishing!)

Specs:

Full Name: Foster's Premium Ale
Brewed By: Oil Can Breweries
From: Albany GA or FT Worth TX
ABV: 5.5%

Since a beer blog should actually include some comment on the beer, here goes. Sadly, we got back a bit late in the afternoon, and we stopped at the grocery on the way to pick up Chinese take out for dinner (which was pretty decent...) and the options were limited, so since this one was 25.4 oz, I figured it would cover 2 days, at least in volume. Alas, it didn't cover it in real taste, and as the label says it is an ale with caramel colored added, it didn't wow there either. Sadly, I didn't read the can beforehand, and I mistakenly thought this came from Australia, but no, it is brewed in the US under the "supervision" of Fosters of Oz. Pffffft.........

So, off to Total Wine tomorrow to replenish both my stock and my faith in good beer!

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of Tuborg - "The Golden Beer of Danish Kings" - brewed in New Jersey (yuk!).

    ReplyDelete