Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 112 - The Raven

Sadly, Ellie shared with me today that she really didn't enjoy going beer shopping with me, something about it taking too long... sniff, sniff. Ok, got over that quickly, and the thing I like about Total Wine is that they seem to rotate new beers into the singles section on a regular basis. I picked out a new 6 for this week, plus a six pack of a local palie (Cullen is coming home tomorrow, so the overall consumption rate will increase around here).

So, if I just spent a lot of time on fluff and not the beer, you can probably guess the reason. I picked this one for the location and label, and that turns out to be the best part. It is just a basic beer, no frills, no bold flavor, just a beer. Go ahead, fill up your cooler with this one, or your cups for a game of beer-pong, it won't distract you from whatever activity you are doing, and will provide the desired benefit in time.

Specs:

Full Name: The Raven Special Lager
Brewed By: Baltimore-Washington Beer Works
From: Baltimore MD
ABV: unknown, not on label or website, guessing 5% range


"Here I sit, tired and weary, sipping on todays blog beery,
Cheery tapping, taste buds napping, writing down my daily yapping,
rapping 'bout the beers I drink, deftly sharing thoughts I think,
Suddenly the bottle's drained, on my short parade it's rained.
Will this one pass lips some more,
Quoth the Raven nevermore...."

(actually, given this is so easy to drink, and I am an Edgar Allen Poe fan, I might be tempted to keep a 6 pack of this on hand)

No comments:

Post a Comment