Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 96 part deux - Four Loko

In my wildest dreams, I never thought that I would taste anything worse than the passion fruit beer, and certainly not in the near future. I couldn't have been more wrong.......

My daughter Liz talked me into buying one of these at the 7-11 when we were out getting gas for Ellie's car tonight so she didn't have to in the am (yes, I know, what a great husband....), and with a 12% ABV, I agreed. This is billed as a "premium malt beverage with artificial flavor" - being blue raspberry. Hope springing eternal, there was a part of me wishing this would wash the other beer taste away, now I wish with all my remaining tastebuds that I had it back. There are no words to describe the absolute, utter nastiness of this drink.

Specs:

Full Name: Four Loko
Brewed by: Drink Four Brewing Co
From: La Crosse WI
ABV: 12%


Not even with the allure of 12% ABV can I make myself finish this. I may have made it half way, but no more. I'll post the pic tomorrow. I apologize in advance for this graphic, but the burp afterwards tastes far better than the actual swallow...

No comments:

Post a Comment