Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 108 - Eggenberg

The bad news is, this is in the typical European export style. The good news is, it doesn't go over the top on the bitterness, so in the end, is a passable drink that finishes clean. Plus it kind of has a cool pull top, so props for that.

This one looks like pale morning sunlight, and its crispness reminds me of a cool spring morning in the mountains. I wouldn't go so far as to use it to replace the milk on my cereal, but it would be easy to have a second one.


Specs:

Full Name: Schloss Eggenberg Hopfen Konig
Brewed by: Castle Brewery
From: Vorchdorf Austria
ABV: 5.1%


I am beginning to see an interesting pattern of beers that come in less than 12oz. While in some cases that is a good thing, and some should go for even less, I have to wonder if this is a cost cutting trend, or some conspiracy to try and have people drink less.....

The favs remain the same: Singha, Lion Lager, Hazed and Infused

No comments:

Post a Comment