Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 276 - Pomegranate Wheat

After a good day at work, I was feeling a bit wild and crazy, so pulled this bad boy out. Actually, it really isn't either...


A pale yellow pour, underpowering aroma, and actually a clean fresh taste. No where is found the typical sicky sweetness of other fruited beers or the spiced wheats, and I think the pomegranate just adds a bit of tartness to the beer. Go figure, a frubee I can actually contemplate drinking more than one of without gagging.

Specs:

Full Name: Saranac Pomegranate Wheat
Brewed By: Matt Brewing Co
From: Utica NY
ABV: 4.7%

So, a tad light on the ABV, but forgivable given it is actually drinkable. I don't think I have had many from this brewer, but will have to track down some more I think.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment