Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 277 - Hens Tooth

Mid week, and the last of the pipeline, thus requiring another trip to the beer store tomorrow. Until then, an English ale awaits...

This one is conditioned in the bottle, and indeed there was sediment visable through the clear glass and thus it got poured into a mug (irregular, but hey, I am adaptable...). A fiery, sunset red color, with flowery aroma, my pinky went straight out when I hefted this to my mouth. A rather classic taste, heavy on the malts with a lingering dryness.

Specs:

Full Name: Hen's Tooth
Brewed by: Morland Brewing
From: England
ABV: 6.5%

The thing about this style is that I am still trying to figure out if I like it or not. I mean, the thoughts it conjurs up is of wearing a sheeps-wool cardigan while sitting in front of a fire, and well, I don't wear sweaters. Still, there is something comforting and relaxing about it, even if it isn't an IPA. I suppose if you don't want to be caught wearing your Snuggie in public, drinking a bottle of this will give you the same feeling while still maintaining a semblance of testosterone in your veins....

cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment