Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 278 - Organic IPA

Ah, a freshly filled pipeline is like that moment in time just before football season starts, and both UVa and the Redskins are undefeated. So much hope and promise...

Not sure if this is my first organic or not, but hey, I figured it's a palie at least, so minimized the risk a bit. The pour leans towards the orange from yellow, but doesn't quite get to that glow that gets me excited, and the nose catches a hint of the hops to come, but nothing drastic, and the taste gets off on the right foot, but fades. It reminds me of when I try and jump, a lot of effort perhaps, but I still only get an inch off the ground....

Specs:

Full Name: Bison Organic IPA
Brewed By: Bison Brewing
From: Ukiah CA
ABV: 6%

A decent enough beer, and if you buy a case, they'll buy you a carbon offset, so not only if you drink the whole case will you be doing the green thing, but you will be green.....

They don't list the exact hops used, only that they put in 4 types of malt and 3 hops. Personally, I think they could go a bit bolder and add some more hops, but hey, that just me.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment