Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 296 - Old Thumper

"A Beast of a Beer" per the label, with a pic of a mean looking wild boar. Not sure I'd go that far, but it is a classic English ale.

A light brownish yellow pour, with an earthy aroma and dry, malty taste. Another beer for sitting around a fire in a wool sweater, if one were so inclined. A modest ABV means it would take a few before I would get to that point...

Specs:

Full name: Old Thumper
Brewed By: Ringwood Brewery (owned by Shipyard)
From: Portland ME
ABV: 5.6%

Dinner tonight was at Outback, celebrating Liz getting a job at her favorite clothing store, and getting her tonsils out tomorrow. May have to pull out the video camera the next few days, as she can get funny on painkillers... The added bonus tonight was our old friend Carol came by since she was in the area visiting her folks. Luckily, she didn't tell too many stories about our college days in front of Liz, who is almost as bad as posting something on Facebook. I just couldn't bring myself to blog about the Michelob Ultra I had there, that at $1.95, was less expensive that many of my regular blog beers...

cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment