Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 297 - Raison D'Etre

The risks I take just amaze me sometime. So Cullen is home for Thanksgiving, and drinks my 60-minute IPA from this brewer, leaving me with this one. Per the label, it is brewed with Belgian beer sugars, green raisins and a sense of purpose. Hum, me thinketh they should have substituted all 3 for real ingredients...

A rootbeer brown, and unsurprisingly, dominatingly sweet flavor. You gotta like creativity in brewing, but this was a recipe for disaster in my opinion, which of course they didn't ask for...

Specs:

Full Name: Raison D'Etre
Brewed by: Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
From: Milton DE
ABV: 8%

Well, on the bright side, this one is now out of the way, and there are no more of this style in the pipeline for the next week, so things are looking up, as I look up into an empty bottle.

cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment