Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 295 - Bards

Was refilling the pipeline today, and picked this one as I hadn't tried this one before, and figured I'd see if they were making a decent gluten-free beer yet that Ellie could drink.

It has the right deep yellow color, but sorghum just has a different taste that is hard to hide, almost kin to pine sap. It isn't overpowering, but the mouth expects something different coming from a brown bottle, so perhaps that adds to the lack of excitement. Ellie wasn't thrilled with it either, so I guess that quest will continue.

Specs:

Full Name: Bard's
Brewed by: Bard's Beeer Co
From: Utica NY
ABV: unknown, not on bottle or website

So the weekend ends quietly, though miraculously, the Skins won today, so perhaps that used up all the good karma.... I picked up what I hope is a really good palie for turkeyday, in large bottle that might be shared with Cullen and dad. Until then....

cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment