Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 283 - Festie

There is not much good about Tuesdays in general, and while I have a palie in the pipeline, I took a risk and went with a seasonal instead. While the label claims "the gift of great beer", I think more appropriate would be the Forrest Gump saying "life is like a box of chocolates", and I just got the jelly-filled one...
So, a nice label, and actually decent orange glow in the glass, but then you drink it and the warm fuzzies quickly turn to cold shakes. No hops to speak of, and a tinny sweetness that makes me glad the taste fades quickly.
Specs:
Full Name: Festie
Brewed By: Starr Hill Brewery
From: Crozet VA
ABV: not on label, not worth spending the time to find it...
Ah well, if it weren't for the duds, the experience of the tasty ones wouldn't be as great. I'd almost put this one with the ill-fated vanilla beer, or at least on par with any of the fruited beers. If it were summer, I'd put this in the garden to kill slugs....
Cheers (but not with this one...)

No comments:

Post a Comment