Friday, April 2, 2010

Day 62 - Harpoon IPA

Ah, deee-licious.

Yes, in full disclosure, this is my 2nd beer tonight, and I definitely went in the right order to end with this one for the blog. It really is just everything I look for in a beer - great taste and ease of drinkability. I'm thinking I've had this before, and will definitely have again. I don't think it will displace the Hazed on the tops list, but it's up there.

Specs:

Full Name: Harpoon IPA

Brewed by: HArpoon Brewery

From: Boston MA / Windsor VT

ABV: 5.9% (not bad...)

So today I went fishing with my dad. That usually means what can go wrong will, and this trip was another classic. We get to the lake, wait in line, push the boat off the trailer, get in, start the engine and hum, the steering wheel is jammed full left so all we can do is go in circles. After 15-20 minutes of work, we fix that and off we go. We manage to catch more trees etc that fish over the next 3 hours(a very common occurance for us btw), but then when it is time to head back, the engine won't start. 20 mins later, we decide to try and use the trolling motor to go the mile or so back to the ramp. After going maybe 50 yards and deciding we need to get back before Y3k, I happen to reach across and turn the key and for some reason, it turns over. Back at the ramp, like 50 people in front of us have to get their boats out first, then we manage to put ours on the trailer wrong, but dad drives out of the water and away because he can't hear me commenting on this, so we have to wait back in line to put it back into the water to straighten it.

Overall, a great day, completed with an excellent beer!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a classic fishing trip indeed, which means I am all the more glad I missed it. I got you a six pack of singles to deliver tomorrow and that brings up a suggestion for others who are so inclined to sponsorship. If you do not want to repeat the same brewing company, it might be nice if you kept a list of them somewhere on the blog as well. I know I got you one from the same company, but a different brew for certain. Since it was one I enjoyed and thought you would too, that did not bother me. I hope I did not get too many repeats though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harpoon is a really nice IPA. I haven't had it in years, but it was my favorite at one time.

    ReplyDelete