Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 64 - Hercules Double IPA

I realized driving back from NC today that there will probably be a day when I am not able to write my blog, for any number of reasons. To be honest, I am a bit tired this evening, and if my younger brother Ned hadn't given me a 6 pack of singles today (knowing my pipeline was thin, thanks bro!), it would have been tough to go out and get some more after I got home.

And I might have missed this one......

There is no subtlety in this beer. The citrusy hops flavor is very strong, and at 10% ABV, yahoo. I also get the impression of a strong malt in the finish. Maybe I'm just wiped, but my gut reaction is that I don't think I could drink too many of these at one time, though it is good.

Specs:

Full Name: Hercules Double IPA
Brewed by: Great Divide Brewing Co
From: Denver CO
ABV: 10%




I think that this would be a better beer after a hard day's work (aka fishing...) and less tired. It definitely doesn't let you relax..... ;>)

No comments:

Post a Comment